In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Cue the Violins.”
If your life were a movie, what would its soundtrack be like? What songs, instrumental pieces, and other sound effects would be featured on the official soundtrack album?
Oh, Daily Post. You have combined two of the Lazy Writer’s™ favorite procrastinations: making lists and listening to music. Peanut butter and chocolate to this girl.
One Elle Alison: The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Critics and fans alike both agree that the listings make no sense, but it sure is fun to listen to.
1. I have to get up and do things like a person, and I’m too cool for “Eye of the Tiger”
2. I’m spending way too much time nitpicking over this work project and haven’t started the other one
3. Where is my phone? [Roomie], call my phone
4. I’m reading 524 books at once I started this one 3½ years ago
5. Stand back I’m going to try yoga/swing dancing/fencing/exercising
6. Can’t go to sleep yet, it’s only 3:27 AM, something might happen on the internet
7. 24-hour dog person
8. Forgot to make lunch and don’t have enough $ or time to buy something
9. I’m going to WRITE
10. I spent all my writing time playing spider solitaire and then looking up photos of all the actors in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
11. I will never finish a novel and I will die alone
12. I’m going to pretend I know something about lady makeup nobody interrupt the delusion
13. Break for SCIENCE FICTION in any medium ❤
14. I do occasionally visit with the parentals and younger but no longer little brother
15. Ooh, shiny!
16. LE WEEKEND HAS ARRIVED